Registered Telecommunications Project Manager™ (RTPM®)
About the BICSI RTPM Certification
Focused on telecommunications, the BICSI project management program provides standards and best practices to improve every project. This program serves as a career path for anyone seeking an advanced understanding of ICT project management.
Project managers, project coordinators, lead technicians, project team leaders and individuals seeking a profession in this rapidly growing field are encouraged to earn the RTPM credential.
Project Management Includes:
- Gathering specific project information for the project initiation
- Creation of the project budget
- Identifying and managing stakeholders
- Orchestrating the proposal
- Identifying project deliverables
- Managing budget and deliverables
- Creating and managing launch and deadline dates
- Effectively communicating between all stakeholders
- Closing of the project
RTPM Credentialing Process
What you need to know about the RTPM Credential?
- Positive Impact on Professional Image
- New Job and Promotion Opportunities
- Higher Salary Possibilities
- Expands ICT Career Field
- Recognized by the ICT Community and Employers
- Meets the Highest Standards
- Fueled by ICT and PM Competencies
- Engineered by PM Experts
- Recognized Globally
- Built with Your Career in Mind
Download RTPM Certification Handbook (PDF)
Exam Eligibility Requirements
Applicants must meet specific educational and/or work experience criteria at the time they submit their application in order to be eligible to take the RTPM exam. The requirements are outlined below:
One year of ICT project management experience AND hold a current BICSI RCDD®, DCDC®, OSP®, INSTC ®, INSTF® or TECHTM.
Two years' experience in ICT project management. .
Three years' experience in the ICT industry with one year in managing or supervising ICT projects.
Hold a project management certification or a degree in project/construction management AND one year of ICT experience.
Learn about new eligibility requirements announced earlier this year.