Telecommunications Distribution Methods Manual, 13th Edition
The Telecommunications Distribution Methods Manual (TDMM) is BICSI’s flagship manual. Now in its 13th edition, it is the basis for the RCDD® exam and has become a true world resource in global best practices.
Since 1984, the Telecommunications Distribution Methods Manual (TDMM) is the definitive reference manual for telecommunications and information communications technology infrastructure design. Written by industry experts serving within a vast array of industries, as well as the telecommunications infrastructure supply chain, the TDMM, 13th edition, provides critical design information and practice for today’s and tomorrow’s networks.
The TDMM won a prestigious Best of Show/Award of Distinction from the Society for Technical Communication.
In addition to updating existing practices to current technology for data networks, the TDMM has incorporated new information to address the issues and solutions emerging for tomorrow’s networks.
These topics include:
- Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS).
- Passive Optical Networks (PON) for within buildings.
- IP infrastructure for AV Systems, with emphasis placed on ensuring content is applicable to the designer’s needs of today.
- A new section on business development.
- Select reductions in content applicable to the network administrator or application developer.
The 13th edition TDMM continues to emphasize recommendations for best practices drawn from experts around the world, while providing deep reference information on the standards and codes that impact our readership.
Whether a newcomer or seasoned veteran to ICT infrastructure design, the 13th edition TDMM is an indispensable publication that completes any reference library.
- TDMM Errata (PDF), 13th Edition, May 2014 Replacement Pages
– Rui Takei, RCDD, DCDC
AT TOKYO Corp., Koto-ku, Japan