Registered Communications Distribution Designer® (RCDD®)
Want to know if you qualify to take the exam? Check out the new eligibility requirements announced earlier this year.
About the BICSI RCDD Certification
Critical to building infrastructure development, this BICSI flagship program involves design and implementation of telecommunications distribution systems.
Being recognized as a BICSI RCDD has many advantages, including
- A positive impact on your professional image
- Recognition by the ICT Community as a Subject Matter Expert
- New job and promotion opportunities
- Higher Salary possibilities
- An expanded ICT career field
Those who achieve the RCDD designation have demonstrated their knowledge in the creation, planning, integration, execution and/or detailed-oriented project management of telecommunications and data communications technology.
For additional information regarding the RCDD Certification, please download the RCDD Certification Handbook.
News About the RCDD Exam
RCDD Credentialing Process
What you need to know about the RCDD Credential?
- Pinnacle designation in the ICT field
- Recognized by the ICT Community and employers
- Required in bids and job requirements
- Uses the Latest Technologies, Methods and Best Practices
- Opens doors and new opportunities for career growth
- Enhances Credibility
- Recognized Globally
- Built with Your Career in Mind
- Meets the Highest Standards
RCDDs are CRITICAL (PDF) to the building design process.
Did you know that the RCDD is a U.S. Department of Defense requirement?
Page 3 of the Department of Defense UFC lists the RCDD as a requirement for all telecom design projects.
Download RCDD Certification Handbook (PDF)
Exam Eligibility Requirements
Applicants must meet specific educational and/or work experience criteria at the time they submit their application in order to be eligible to take the RCDD exam. The requirements are outlined below:
Two years' design experience and hold a current BICSI RTPM® , DCDC®, OSP®, or TECHTM certification.
Two years' design experience and two years of ICT education.
Five years' of ICT experience
Learn about new eligibility requirements announced earlier this year.
What Credential Holders are Saying About their RCDD Credential
“My RCDD credential gave me the opportunity to secure a job with the University of California Los Angeles. The DD102 course provided the best practices and standards knowledge to [my] department, as well as other departments we work closely with [and helps] us to be consistent in our work.”
– Jorge Olmos, RCDD, Project Engineer, UCLA. Montebello, California, USA