Registered Communications Distribution Designer® (RCDD®)
Critical to building infrastructure development, this BICSI flagship program involves design and implementation of telecommunications distribution systems.
Those who achieve the RCDD designation have demonstrated their knowledge in the creation, planning, integration, execution and/or detailed-oriented project management of telecommunications and data communications technology.The RCDD status conveys instant advantages over the competition:
- Professional designation of excellence
- A highly regarded status recognized and mandated by many private and state organizations
- Noted mark of design knowledge valued internationally
- An indication of experience and knowledge known throughout the ICT industry
For additional information regarding the RCDD Certification, please download the RCDD Certification Handbook.
Already an RCDD? Contact the BICSI Credentialing Dept. email@example.com to order your stamp.
What Credential Holders are Saying About their RCDD Credential
“My RCDD credential gave me the opportunity to secure a job with the University of California Los Angeles. The DD102 course provided the best practices and standards knowledge to [my] department, as well as other departments we work closely with [and helps] us to be consistent in our work.”
– Jorge Olmos, RCDD, Project Engineer, UCLA. Montebello, California, USA
RCDD Credentialing Process
Why Get Certified?
- Pinnacle designation in the ICT field
- Recognized by the ICT Community and employers
- Required in bids and job requirements
- Uses the Latest Technologies, Methods and Best Practices
- Opens doors and new opportunities for career growth
- Enhances Credibility
- Recognized Globally
- Built with Your Career in Mind
- Meets the Highest Standards
RCDDs are CRITICAL (PDF) to the building design process.
Did you know that the RCDD is a U.S. Department of Defense requirement?
Page 3 of the Department of Defense UFC lists the RCDD as a requirement for all telecom design projects.
Exam Eligibility Requirements
Applicants must meet specific educational and/or work experience criteria at the time they submit their application in order to be eligible to take the RCDD exam. The requirements are outlined below:
Five years of information and communications technology (ICT) industry design experience within the last ten years.
Two years of verifiable ICT design experience within the last ten years and three years of additional ICT equivalents chosen from combinations of experience, approved education and approved ICT license/certification (i.e. NTS, WD, CCNA). BICSI reserves the right to determine what is approved curriculum and approved ICT license/certification.
Log into your Credential Dashboard to get started.