BICSI G1-17 is the first in a series of standards focused on the construction and installation of ICT cabling infrastructure within OSP pathways and applications.
BICSI G1 is designed to provide general information relevant to all OSP construction and pathways, with additional standards under development providing in-depth detail on the specific pathways and associated tasks. Given the nature of development, this standard has been placed under continuous revision, so that as additional material is developed and approved, content within this standard can be modified to expand areas not present or remove conflicts if they arise.
Table of Contents
- 1. Introduction
- 2. Scope
- 3. Required Standards and Documents
- 4. Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations, and Units of Measurement
- 5. General Safety Considerations
- 6. Tools
- 7. Aerial OSP Installation
- 8. Bonding and Grounding
- 9. Right of Way
- 10. Drawings and Specifications (Construction Documents)
- Appendix A: One Call Center Information (Informative)
- Appendix B: Commonly Encountered AHJ Definitions (Informative)
- Appendix C: Related Documents (Informative)