Estimation and Earned Value Management for ICT Projects
Oct 19, 2023 | Oct 26, 2023 | Nov 2, 2023
3 PM to 5 PM Eastern
Have you ever wondered how you can tie project estimation to project control? If so, this three-part virtual instructor-led training workshop will help you make the connection. The workshop uses a real-world scenario to demonstrate how you can use project estimation, a work breakdown structure (WBS), and earned value management (EVM) metrics to control and manage ICT projects. During these sessions, you will have an opportunity to create customized documents and templates to use for your ICT projects once the workshop is over.
About the Presenter
Kevin Seeley, RCDD, RTPM, TECH, CT
ICT Training Delivery Specialist, BICSI
Why you should attend?
You will learn how to use project estimation, a work breakdown structure (WBS), and earned value management (EVM) metrics to control and manage ICT projects.
What to expect?
This training is offered via Zoom. This training requires an internet-enabled device and an internet connection. Click here to ensure your device meets the other system requirements.
Who should attend?
Existing project managers and others who are responsible for managing project costs and resources
What will I learn?
After this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the advantages and disadvantages of common estimation methods, including top-down, bottom-up, analogous, parametric, PERT, and What-If.
- Determine the appropriate estimation method for a project based on common factors such as experience, time, money, and available information.
- Calculate labor costs based on direct and indirect costs associated with a project.
- Develop a work breakdown structure (WBS) to be used in the estimation process.
- Estimate project costs using earned value management (EVM) formulas.
How long is this workshop?
This course is a total of 6 hours. It is divided into three 2-hour sessions, starting on Oct 19, 2023.
Can I earn credit?
Earn 6 Continuing Education Credits (CECs) upon attending the full session and completing any required discussions and class activities.
What is the cancellation policy?
All BICSI vILT courses are nonrefundable and nontransferable.