Technical Communication Series
Communicating technical information can be a challenging task. Whether you’re a technical guru or someone less experienced, and whether your audience is made up of experts or novices, you need proven strategies to succeed. In this course, you will learn how to:
- Convey technical information in an easy-to-understand manner for a variety of audiences.
- Tailor your written communication to the specific requirements of different types of technical material – so that whether you want to persuade or to instruct, you'll be able to achieve your writing goals.
- Communicate technical content to stakeholders.
Why you should attend?
Learn techniques for conveying technical information in an easy-to-understand manner for a variety of audiences.
What to expect?
All BICSI CONNECT courses require an internet-capable device and internet connection.
Java software; Windows 7 or 8; Mac OSx10.6+; Android 4.1 or later; Apple 10S 6.x, 7.x; IE 10 or later; Firefox 21 or later; Chrome 29 or later; Safari 5.1.8 or later; sound card with speakers/headphones for audio (audio not available for all courses); pop-up blockers disabled.
Who should attend?
Individuals are responsible for communicating technical information to stakeholders and other business partners
What will I learn?
After this course you will be able to:
- Identify the methods used to acquire thorough subject matter knowledge.
- Recognize techniques for writing clear and effective technical communications.
- Recognize the main purpose for using a specific visual or graphic aid in technical communications.
- Identify the best practices for honing your stakeholder message.
- Identify the steps in crafting and delivering difficult communications.
- Recognize guidelines for writing training material.
How long is this course?
One-hour self-paced course with 90 days from the date of purchase to complete
Can I earn credit?
Earn 1 Continuing Education Credit (CEC) upon successfully completing this program
What is the cancellation policy?
All BICSI CONNECT courses are nonrefundable and nontransferable