The impact and ripple effect of having network failure within an organization can affect every level of business operation, spilling over into public relations crisis and even the market value of the organization. Well-managed networks are an absolute priority for any organization and ICT professionals should be positioned to ensure that this critical business need is met.
In this course, you will learn the goals of network management in any organization, the framework on which they are designed, and the toolset used to ensure operational efficiency for all aspects of the network.
Why you should attend?
Learn the fundamentals required to achieve maximum efficiency in the management of networks.
What to expect?
This course has an audio component on certain slides; please make sure you have speakers/headphones available.
All BICSI CONNECT courses require an Internet-capable device and Internet connection.
Java software; Windows 7 or 8; Mac OSx10.6+; Android 4.1 or later; Apple 10S 6.x, 7.x; IE 10 or later; Firefox 21 or later; Chrome 29 or later; Safari 5.1.8 or later; sound card with speakers/headphones for audio (audio not available for all courses); pop-up blockers disabled.
Who should attend?
This course is intended for individuals who are interested in moving into a management role, or managing network related projects, in the IT department of an organization.
What will I learn?
After this course you will be able to:
- Describe the models of network management
- List the six major goals of network management for administrators
- List the four categories of tools required for network management
- Describe the Simple Network Management Protocol
- List the five categories of network management
- Define the acronym FCAPS
- Describe FCAPS: fault management, configuration management, accounting management, performance management, security management
- Identify the network management toolset
- Describe hardware management and its functions
- Describe software management and its associated activities
- Describe user management and its related administrative activities
- Describe traffic management and the impact of latency
- Describe Quality of Service (QoS)
How long is this course?
Four-hour self-paced course with 90 days from the date of purchase to complete.
Can I earn credit?
Earn 4 Continuing Education Credits (CECs) upon successfully completing this program.
What is the cancellation policy?
All BICSI CONNECT courses are nonrefundable and nontransferable.