Lockout and Tagout for Authorized Persons
This course provides information about the control of hazardous energy and work under the protection of a Lockout/Tagout permit. The intent of the course is to provide information on lockout and tagout practices, and the significance of lockout and tagout devices.
Why you should attend?
Learn the requirements and recommended practices of an OSHA-compliant lockout and tagout program
What to expect?
All BICSI CONNECT courses require an internet-capable device and internet connection.
Java software; Windows 7 or 8; Mac OSx10.6+; Android 4.1 or later; Apple 10S 6.x, 7.x; IE 10 or later; Firefox 21 or later; Chrome 29 or later; Safari 5.1.8 or later; sound card with speakers/headphones for audio (audio not available for all courses); pop-up blockers disabled.
Who should attend?
This course is intended for all ICT professionals
What will I learn?
After this course you will be able to:
- Identify the purpose of OSHA Standard 29 CFR 1910.147
- Discuss reasons commonly cited for failing to act in
accordance with an OSHA-compliant lockout and tagout program
- Identify operations during which the OSHA standard on
control of hazardous energy apply
- Identify equipment or operations to which the OSHA
standard does not apply
- Discuss criteria that must be met in an
OSHA-compliant lockout and tagout program
- Discuss criteria that must be met by all lockout and
- Determine requirements for the placement and removal
of lockout and tagout devices
- Provide examples of the lockout and tagout training
requirements as described by the OSHA standard
- Identify examples of lockout and tagout procedure inspection requirements.
How long is this course?
Two-hour self-paced course with 90 days from the date of purchase to complete.
Can I earn credit?
Earn 2 Continuing Education Credits (CECs) upon successfully completing this program
What is the cancellation policy?
All BICSI CONNECT courses are nonrefundable and nontransferable