Electrostatic Discharge Safety Training
This course will provide a basic understanding of static electricity and how to provide protection from static electricity. The information in this course will focus on the identification, assessment, and control of static electricity for purposes of preventing fires and explosions.
Why you should attend?
Learn specific strategies for safeguarding against static electricity
What to expect?
All BICSI CONNECT courses require an internet-capable device and internet connection.
Java software; Windows 7 or 8; Mac OSx10.6+; Android 4.1 or later; Apple 10S 6.x, 7.x; IE 10 or later; Firefox 21 or later; Chrome 29 or later; Safari 5.1.8 or later; sound card with speakers/headphones for audio (audio not available for all courses); pop-up blockers disabled.
Who should attend?
This training course is intended for all ICT professionals
After this course you will be able to:
- Identify the purpose and scope of the NFPA 77:
Recommended Practice on Static Electricity standard
- Identify examples of the main causes of static
electricity in the workplace
- Identify statements that correctly describe the
nature of static electricity
- Identify relevant statements about measuring static
- Identify relevant statements about each of three
types of hazards created by static electricity
- Identify the principles associated with each of four
variables on the ignition of static discharge in combustible environments
- Identify three techniques that are used to control
the hazards of static electricity
- Identify methods commonly used to neutralize human static discharge
How long is this course?
Two-hour self-paced course with 90 days from the date of purchase to complete
Can I earn credit?
Earn two Continuing Education Credits (CECs) upon successfully completing this program
What is the cancellation policy?
All BICSI CONNECT courses are nonrefundable and nontransferable