Introduction to the Internet of Things
The Internet of Things (IoT) integrates a large number of technologies both new and old. It promises to deliver unprecedented awareness of environments and processes. The Internet of Things will allow granular control and automation of tasks. In this course, you will learn about the features and abilities of the IoT. You'll also learn about the software and operating systems available to implement it, some of the hardware available to develop for the IoT, and the basics of programming this hardware.
Why you should attend?
Learn the fundamental concepts of the IoT.
What to expect?
All BICSI CONNECT courses require an Internet-capable device and Internet connection.
Java software; Windows 7 or 8; Mac OSx10.6+; Android 4.1 or later; Apple 10S 6.x, 7.x; IE 10 or later; Firefox 21 or later; Chrome 29 or later; Safari 5.1.8 or later; sound card with speakers/headphones for audio (audio not available for all courses); pop-up blockers disabled.
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for all ICT professionals.
What will I learn?
After this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the applications of IoT
- Identify protocols used by IoT devices
- Identify operating systems designed for IoT devices
- Identify the features of Windows 10 IoT Core, Linux
in the IoT, Contiki OS, RIOT OS, TinyOS
- Identify and compare lesser known embedded operating
- Identify features of the AllSeen IoT framework,
Eclipse Kura framework, Mihini framework project, IoTivity framework
- Build an application on Windows 10 IoT Core
- Write simple programs for the Arduino platform
- Create simple programs for the Raspberry Pi
- Identify the features of the Intel Galileo platform,
ESP8266 chip, the MinnowBoard platform, MinnowBoard MAX, BeagleBone
- Control LEDs connected to the MinnowBoard GPIO
How long is this course?
Two-hour self-paced course with 90 days from the date of purchase
Can I earn credit?
Earn 2 Continuing Education Credits (CECs) upon successfully completing this program.
What is the cancellation policy?
All BICSI CONNECT courses are nonrefundable and nontransferable.