Project Cost:Strategies for Keeping on Project on Budget
Are you responsible for managing or controlling project expenses? Do you find this task overwhelming or intimidating? If so, this course can help to set your mind at ease. This course will walk you through the process of developing a realistic budget to complete a project, and it will cover tools and techniques that you can use to keep the project on budget once the project begins.
Note: This course is designed to assist learners in preparing for the PMI certification exam. PMBOK, PMI, PMP, CAPM are registered trademarks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Why you should attend?
Learn key tools and techniques for managing or controlling project expenses
What to expect?
All BICSI CONNECT courses require an internet-capable device and internet connection.
Java software; Windows 7 or 8; Mac OSx10.6+; Android 4.1 or later; Apple 10S 6.x, 7.x; IE 10 or later; Firefox 21 or later; Chrome 29 or later; Safari 5.1.8 or later; sound card with speakers/headphones for audio (audio not available for all courses); pop-up blockers disabled.
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for those who are responsible for managing or controlling a project expenses and budget, existing project managers pursuing certification in recognition of their skills and experience, and individuals training to become accredited project managers
What will I learn?
After this course you will be able to:
- Recognize the tools and techniques you can use to
determine your project budget
- Recognize the tools and techniques you can use to control project costs
- Calculate the to-complete performance index (TCPI) for a project given earned value management (EVM) figures
- Calculate the planned value and earned value, given the budget, percent of time passed, and percent of work completed
- Calculate the schedule variance and schedule performance index, given the earned value and planned value
- Calculate the cost variance and cost performance index, given the earned value and actual costs
- Determine project performance, given a set of raw data points
- Utilize work performance data to determine project performance
How long is this course?
Two-hour self-paced course with 90 days from the date of purchase to complete
Can I earn credit?
Earn 2 Continuing Education Credits (CECs) upon successfully completing this program
Earn 2.5 PMI PDUs
What is the cancellation policy?
All BICSI CONNECT courses are nonrefundable and nontransferable