Project Schedule: Steps for Developing a Project Timeline
Are you a new project manager who needs more information about how to develop and manage a project schedule? Or are you an experienced project manager who would like to improve your scheduling skills? If the answer to either question is yes, this course is perfect for you.
It is divided into three modules that will take you through the process of defining and sequencing activities, so you can develop a realistic the schedule. It also includes techniques for managing and controlling the schedule once the project is underway.
Note: This course is designed to assist learners in preparing for the PMI certification exam. PMBOK, PMI, PMP, CAPM are registered trademarks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Why you should attend?
Learn how to develop and manage a project schedule
What to expect?
All BICSI CONNECT courses require an internet-capable device and internet connection.
Java software; Windows 7 or 8; Mac OSx10.6+; Android 4.1 or later; Apple 10S 6.x, 7.x; IE 10 or later; Firefox 21 or later; Chrome 29 or later; Safari 5.1.8 or later; sound card with speakers/headphones for audio (audio not available for all courses); pop-up blockers disabled.
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for existing ICT project managers, existing project managers pursuing certification in recognition of their skills and experience, and individuals training to become accredited project managers
What will I learn?
After this course you will be able to:
- Choose the appropriate technique to define activities for a given project
- Identify the elements of a typical project schedule
- Identify the critical path and its characteristics
- Determine start and finish dates for activities in a given network diagram
- Perform a forward and backward pass using the critical path method
- Perform earned value management calculations to assess a project's schedule performance
- Identify the ideal resource optimization for a given scenario (e.g., resource leveling, resource smoothing, etc.)
How long is this course?
Four-hour self-paced course with 90 days from the date of purchase to complete
Can I earn credit?
Earn 4 Continuing Education Credits (CECs) upon successfully completing this program
What is the cancellation policy?
All BICSI CONNECT courses are nonrefundable and nontransferable