Project Scope: Techniques for Controlling Scope Creep
Have you ever had a project fall victim to scope creep? Where the requirements of the project seemed to increase every day? The deadline constantly moved? And everyone was frustrated?
Although scope creep is common, it is not inevitable. Proper planning and processes can be used to define, plan for, and manage a project's scope. This course covers scope management from defining the scope at the start of the project through controlling and validating the scope once the project is underway.
The course is presented in three modules:
- Module 1: Plan and Define Project Scope
- Module 2: Create Work Breakdown Structure
- Module 3: Validate and Control Scope
Note: This course is designed to assist learners in preparing for the PMI certification exam. PMBOK, PMI, PMP, CAPM are registered trademarks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Why you should attend?
Learn how to avoid project scope creep
What to expect?
All BICSI CONNECT courses require an internet-capable device and internet connection.
Java software; Windows 7 or 8; Mac OSx10.6+; Android 4.1 or later; Apple 10S 6.x, 7.x; IE 10 or later; Firefox 21 or later; Chrome 29 or later; Safari 5.1.8 or later; sound card with speakers/headphones for audio (audio not available for all courses); pop-up blockers disabled.
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for existing ICT project managers, existing project managers pursuing certification in recognition of their skills and experience, and individuals training to become accredited project managers
What will I learn?
After this course you will be able to:
- Define project scope
- Recognize elements to include in the scope management plan and requirements management plan
- Describe ways in which a work breakdown structure can be useful when planning and managing a project
- Recognize how to organize the layers of a work breakdown structure
- Identify the components of the scope baseline
- Distinguish between Validate Scope and Control Quality processes
How long is this course?
Three-hour self-paced course with 90 days from the date of purchase to complete
Can I earn credit?
Earn 3 Continuing Education Credits (CECs) upon successfully completing this program
Earn 3.5 PMI PDUs
What is the cancellation policy?
All BICSI CONNECT courses are nonrefundable and nontransferable