The Internet of Things (IoT) has ushered in the era of the interconnected building, premise and city.
Driven by the need for environments which are safer, more comfortable, productive or efficient for the people within, information and communication technology (ICT) has become the means to interconnect building systems of all sizes and applications, providing results which are far greater than just the sum of the parts. With ICT as the common thread, an effective and efficient structured cabling is critical to the success of both initial implementation and future growth in meeting the building and occupant needs.
ANSI/BICSI 007 provides requirements and recommendation for design and implementation of the structured cabling system and related applications for any size building or premise, including those that serve commercial, government, transportation, residential, or any other functions. BICSI 007 also includes information for building automation systems, low-voltage lighting, combined data and power transmission (e.g., PoE, PoH), and a number of other systems that are routinely found inside intelligent building application.
Table of Contents
- 1. Introduction
- 2. Scope
- 3. Required Standards and Documents
- 4. Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations, and Units of Measurement
- 5. Communications Infrastructure
- 6. Design Considerations for Building Systems
- 7. Building Monitoring Systems
- 8. Lighting
- 9. Other Building Systems
- 10. System Integration
- 11. Commissioning
- Appendix A: Commissioning Fundamentals (Informative)
- Appendix B: System Training (Informative)
- Appendix C: Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM) (Informative)
- Appendix D: Related Documents (Informative)