Benefits for Students
- Skilled ICT professionals are in high demand.
- An alternative to traditional university education.
- Skills in ICT are not isolated to just one industry, offering versatile career opportunities.
- Opportunities to earn industry-recognized certifications.
- Job opportunities are growing faster than average for job-ready specialty ICT skills.
- Plenty of possibilities for getting promoted and rising through the ranks.
BICSI Can Help
- Industry resources crafted with students in mind.
- Career-related mentorship and thought leadership.
- Education and training with courses and publications.
- Certifications to help promote student skill and
How You Can Help
- Recommend BICSI’s student membership to your students.
- Work with BICSI to get engaged in the industry.
- Encourage ICT components in the curriculum.
- Provide resources linked to the industry to your school administrators and faculty.
- Host a BICSI event at your school.
- Offer site visits to local ICT organizations.
- Provide BICSI publications at your school library.
- Connect with BICSI at the organizational level.
Connect with BICSI
BICSI works with educational institutions to ensure your students have a plan
for their career in ICT.
How to get started:
- Promote the BICSI student membership.
- Share our career resources with your organization and students.
- Discuss available curriculum options.
- Refer students to BICSI career support and resources.
- Promote and encourage students to volunteer and become part of BICSI's mentorship program.
- Provide support and refer students to applicable certification preparation
resources for earning a BICSI credential.
- Share career path support materials from this website.
- Include students in planning free conference exhibit floor attendance.