IN225: BICSI ICT Installer 2, Copper Training
About this Event
About this EventIN225: BICSI Installer 2, Copper Virtual TrainingCourse Description
This course sets the foundation of a copper-based structured cabling system installation. The course begins with an overview of professionalism, copper transmission principles and general safety practices associated with working with copper cabling. A significant amount of course time will then be spent on BICSI best practices for the installation, termination, and testing of copper cable.
Click here for more detailed course information on who should attend, prerequisites and preparation required.
We have transformed our traditional classroom training into virtual classroom training including this course. Click here to learn more about how this course will be conducted in our virtual
classroom. What will I learn?
By the end of this course, students will be able to:
What equipment/device do I need to participate in the virtual course?To successfully participate in the virtual classroom training, each attendee is required to have:
- Describe how the properties of copper cabling affect
- Ensure that work is performed in accordance with
applicable codes, standards, and regulations
- Describe the basic configuration of a structured
- Describe how a network's architecture enables
information to be transferred
- Comply with safety policies and procedures
- Identify the steps for preparing telecommunications
spaces and pathways for the installation of telecommunications cable
- Install a telecommunications bonding infrastructure
- Pull and terminate copper cabling media, and test
copper cable installation
- Identify the steps for splicing copper cable
- Perform basic troubleshooting for copper cable
- Select a firestop solution to restore a fire
- Identify the steps for installing specialty systems
- Identify the tasks performed by an installer during the different phases of an installation project
Material requirements for the virtual course
- Laptop, desktop or tablet that meet the system requirements noted here.
- Microphone and speakers (headset recommended**).
- Standalone webcams and/or mobile device camera for
- Internet connection - 1 Mbps or better (broadband recommended) | 3G connection or better (WiFi recommended for VoIP audio).
What do I need to know and what steps do I need to take to sit for the credential exam?
- Information Technology Systems Installation Methods Manual (ITSIMM), print or electronic. Click here
- Personal or prescription safety glasses are
- Note: FOR IN101 & IN225 ONLY:
- BICSI will provide and
ship the classroom materials to the physical mailing address provided by
each student. This includes student workbook, blueprint, and classroom
- Installation students will also need to use a set of their own tools or have access to the tools listed here. For more details at http://www.bicsi.org/vct. If prospective students do not have access to these tools, we strongly recommend that they attend an in-person offering to get the full benefits of this program.
How long is this course?
This class takes place over a period of 4.5 days; 5 days for students planning to take the hands-on exam to earn the certification. After successful completion of the hands-on exam, examinees will be required to take and pass the written exam at a PearsonVue Testing Center of their choosing to earn certification
Can I earn credit?
Yes, you can earn 35 continuing education credits (CECs) towards an existing BICSI credentials recertification requirements, upon successfully completing this program.
What is the cancellation policy?
Class registration fees are refundable if a written cancellation request is received by BICSI no later than 11 business days prior to the first day of class. All subsequent cancellation requests will be subject to a cancellation fee of 25% of the class registration fee. Any cancellation request received within 11 business days prior to the first day of class will be subject to a late cancellation fee of 25% of the class registration fee. Cancellation requests must be submitted in writing by email to email@example.com or by fax to +1 813.971.4311.
- You must apply to take the BICSI Installer 2, Copper® (INSTC®) exam. Click here to apply! NOTE: The exam fee is not included in the course fee. You
must register for the exam separately by clicking the respective links to apply for the exam and navigating to the “Credentialing Dashboard” section
- The online exam application and a non-refundable
application fee deadline is 7 days prior to the exam date. Exam applications
will not be processed after the deadline. After the exam application is
approved, it is valid for one year.
- The hands-on exam will be completed virtually via the
student’s webcam and require the students to use a combination of their own
tools along with BICSI-supplied materials. Students will be observed via
webcam as they complete each task and show the completed results to the
proctor via webcam. All tasks have been selected based on knowledge and skill
outlined in the current Job Task Analysis.
- The written exam must be taken at a PearsonVue Testing Center. Some Pearson Vue sites are open, depending on the stage of shut down the location is in. Sites will open as government mandates are lifted in the areas. There is also a live-online proctored testing solution available through Pearson’s OnVUE to take the written exam. Its proctored exams allow you to conveniently take an exam in the comfort of your home or office while being monitored by an offsite proctor through your webcam. All communication with the proctor is done in English.