PM102: Telecommunications Project Management Program
Understanding Project Management-from bid to completion
Proper project management is the foundation of any successful project. This course is designed to provide ICT professionals an opportunity to build on their existing project management skills while also exploring the steps and thought processes behind the basic principles and information necessary for managing a successful telecommunications project. A successful ICT project manager requires knowledge of project management and knowledge of the telecommunications process (e.g., codes, standards, installation methods, telecommunications design). This five- day course provides a hands-on approach to managing real-world ICT design and installation projects and covers key steps required during the project initiation, implementation, execution and closing phases.
In BICSI's PM102: Applied Telecommunications Project Management course, you will not only learn how to manage projects from start to finish, you will be better prepared to apply these management concepts and skills in real-world situations.
Why you should attend?
Learn about the tools and templates to successfully manage an ICT project throughout the entire project lifecycle
What to expect?
- Required: E-Book or hard copy of the Telecommunications Project Management Manual - 1st. Edition
- Recommended: Laptop, Tablet, or Smartphone device
- At least two years of experience in ICT and possess basic knowledge of project management concepts
- Complete PM101 prior to attending this (not required before attendance)
Who should attend?
- Candidates preparing to take the RTPM exam
- Individuals seeking a career in ICT project management
- Installers seeking advancement to lead technicians
- Data center professionals managing ICT projects
- Architects/engineers who manage ICT projects
Note: This course is designed for ICT professionals with at least two years of experience in ICT and possess basic knowledge of project management concepts.
Participants must be able to:
There are no special physical requirements for this course
What will I learn?
After this course you will be able to:
- Design a Project Charter
- Create a Project Safety Plan
- Utilize Templates for Managing Project Risk
- Utilize Tools for Project Scheduling
- Identify Project Stakeholder
- Perform Cost Management - EVM development
- Develop a Procurement plan
- Utilize Change management Tools
- Conduct Lessons Learned
- Create ICT Project Documentation
- Build Network Diagrams
- Leadership and Team Management
How long is this course?
Can I earn credit?
Earn 35 Continuing Education Credits (CECs) upon successfully completing this program.
What is the cancellation policy?
Class registration fees are refundable if a written cancellation request is received by BICSI no later than 11 business days prior to the first day of class. All subsequent cancellation requests will be subject to a cancellation fee of 25% of the class registration fee. Any cancellation request received within 11 business days prior to the first day of class will be subject to a late cancellation fee of 25% of the class registration fee. Cancellation requests must be submitted in writing by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to +1 813.971.4311.