PM101 - Introduction to Project Management
This course provides a basic overview of the project management process from project selection to closeout, including information about risk management, quality control, and procurement planning. It offers up-to-date principles and strategies that you can use to make your project teams successful.
This course is presented in six modules:
- Project Selection and Initiation
- Resource and Risk Planning
- Communication, Changes, and Documentation
- Controlling Project Work and Closing
- Project Management Practical Exercises
- Quality Management and Procurement Planning
Why you should attend?
Learn key project considerations from project selection to close-out.
What to expect?
All BICSI CONNECT courses require an Internet-capable device and Internet connection.
Java software; Windows 7 or 8; Mac OSx10.6+; Android 4.1 or later; Apple 10S 6.x, 7.x; IE 10 or later; Firefox 21 or later; Chrome 29 or later; Safari 5.1.8 or later; sound card with speakers/headphones for audio (audio not available for all courses); pop-up blockers disabled.
Who should attend?
ICT professionals who are thinking about transitioning into a project management role
What will I learn?
After this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the properties of a project, define the role
of the project manager, and list the project process stages
- List the stages of team development, name the four
risk responses for threats, and specify the four quadrants of a SWOT analysis
- Define the scope, schedule, and cost baselines in the
context of a project plan
- List the three classifications of communication
methods, name the three triple constraints, and specify the steps of reviewing
a change request
- Apply scheduling tools and techniques to determine
- Distinguish between quality and grade, precision and accuracy, and recognize the impact of gold plating
How long is this course?
Six-hour self-paced course with 90 days from the date of purchase to complete
Can I earn credit?
Earn 6 Continuing Education Credits (CECs) upon successfully completing this program.
What is the cancellation policy?
All BICSI CONNECT courses are nonrefundable and nontransferable.