Emergency and Disaster Response
This course consists of two modules: "Emergency and Disaster Preparedness" and "Emergency Response in the Workspace." This course was designed and developed to provide instruction on emergency response, safety, reporting, and evacuation of company facilities and work areas in the event of a natural disaster, fire, bomb threat, or other emergency.
The material covered in this course reflects the codes, standards and best practices used within the United States. Be sure to refer to and comply with the applicable codes, standards, and regulations of the authority having jurisdiction (AHJ) for your area.
Why you should attend?
Learn basic information about procedures that cover onsite emergencies such as an accidental release or spill of a hazardous chemical, explosions, threats to security, or personal injuries
What to expect?
All BICSI CONNECT courses require an internet-capable device and internet connection.
Java software; Windows 7 or 8; Mac OSx10.6+; Android 4.1 or later; Apple 10S 6.x, 7.x; IE 10 or later; Firefox 21 or later; Chrome 29 or later; Safari 5.1.8 or later; sound card with speakers/headphones for audio (audio not available for all courses); pop-up blockers disabled.
Who should attend?
This training course is intended for all ICT professionals
What will I learn?
After this course you will be able to:
- Identify components of an emergency response plan
- Identify the information you need to know to be
prepared for an emergency evacuation
- Identify the actions to take in the event of a fire,
hazardous substance spil, earthquake, or a flood or a tornado
- Identify violent behavior and warning signs of
- Recognize ways to prevent workplace violence
- Identify the appropriate response to a bomb threat
Identify the definitions of basic emergency response terminology
- Define common roles in emergency response situations
- Identify the responsibilities of an employee in an
emergency situation involving hazardous materials
- Identify air monitoring requirements
- Identify key concepts related to communications
during an emergency situation
- Identify key concepts related to site control and
How long is this course?
One-hour self-paced course with 90 days from the date of purchase to complete
Can I earn credit?
Earn one Continuing Education Credits (CECs) upon successfully completing this program
What is the cancellation policy?
All BICSI CONNECT courses are nonrefundable and nontransferable