You can work on any credential listed in Army COOL, concurrently or sequentially up to your TA/CA fiscal year limit of $4,000.
Take advantage of a great opportunity to pay for credentials that can enhance your skills and qualifications both during and after military service! The Army Credentialing Assistance (CA) Program can pay four Courses and exams that lead to industry-recognized civilian credentials in an occupational area of your choice. You may use this program to enhance your skills, either in your current MOS, or in an occupation you would like to pursue when you leave military service. You can request CA funding for any credential listed on Army COOL.
- Select the “MOS/ASI” option if you wish to pursue a credential aligned with your MOS/AOC/ASI, or the “Other” option if you wish to pursue a credential NOT aligned to your MOS/AOC/ASI.
- Select the credential path you wish to pursue and submit.
- Once you have created a credential path, request CA funding.
- Select a vendor from the list that appears for your path.
- Select the course/exam. Submit.
- CA request will route to ACCESS ArmyU who will review your request. You will be contacted if there
are any issues or questions with your request. You will be notified via email once your CA request
is approved. Most requests are processed no later than three days prior to your start date, so if you have not received a response prior to that, please email here.
All books/materials that are approved for funding, will be sent directly to you.
Learn about how to apply for CA on the Process Overview page.