Conferences & Events
Start the year off right with fresh ICT knowledge at the 2019 BICSI Winter Conference and Exhibition! Escape the cold and join BICSI January 20-24 in sunny Orlando, Florida! See the best products and services at the Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center—an extravagant and premier location to host the latest ICT developments! More details lie ahead in the coming months for this fantastic event. Sign up now for a registration alert here and start planning your trip early by reserving your room at the Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center here.
The 2018 BICSI Board of Directors Election is complete and five Board members were elected to serve two-year terms on the BICSI Board of Directors.
The results are as follows:
Carol Everett Oliver, RCDD, ESS (incumbent) | The Siemon Company | Cape Coral, FL
- Global Region Director
Honorico "Rick" Ciordia, RCDD, DCDC, RTPM, PE (incumbent) | ETTG | Bayamon, Puerto Rico
- U.S. South-Central Region Director
Mark Reynolds, RCDD (incumbent) | University of New Mexico | Albuquerque, NM
- U.S. Southeast Region Director
Lee Renfroe, RCDD, ESS, TECH | GoFroe | Fitzgerald, GA
- U.S. Western Region Director
Pat McMurray, RCDD, DCDC, NTS, OSP (incumbent) | T&R Communications | Sacramento, CA
Special Board of Directors Run-off Election: Canadian Region Director
A tie was reached for the Board position of Canadian Region Director. A run-off election will be held beginning October 15 and closing October 24 at 5 p.m. EST. Only Canadian Region members in good standing as of July 1, 2018, will be able to vote in this special run-off election.
The new Board will officially be inaugurated on January 22, 2019, during the BICSI Winter Conference & Exhibition at the Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center in Orlando, Fla.
Thank you to every member who made an effort to participate in this most important BICSI event.
With presentations on 10G Networks to Smart Buildings of tomorrow, the 2018 Fall Conference is a great memory that is sure to spark new ideas and innovations. Keynote speakers Jack Uldrich and Patrick Sweeney kept the audience highly engaged and our many exhibitors and sponsors were kept busy with excited attendees.
BICSI greatly appreciates all of your support and interest during this fantastic event and we look forward to seeing you again at future conferences. Click here to sign up for the 2019 Fall Conference Registration Alert—BICSI is headed back to Vegas!
New to OSP design requirements and standards? Explore industry-recognized codes and standards, as well as appropriate cabling types used for OSP systems, in the new, self-paced OSP101: Introduction to Outside Plant Design course. Perfect for those new to OSP and seasoned professionals looking for a quick knowledge refresher—learn more here!
With this course, students will get a comprehensive overview of OSP design specifications, including how to:
- Identify OSP project codes, standards and regulations.
- Understand steps for performing a pre-job assessment for new and existing construction.
- Determine considerations for installing underground pathways, spaces, direct-buried pathways and aerial support structures.
- Recognize the general requirements of bonding and grounding (earthing) and electrical protection for OSP.
- Satisfy the requirements for acquiring public or private rights-of-way.
Save time, travel expenses and enjoy the ease of increasing your outside plant knowledge at your own pace!
Outside plant (OSP) cabling and infrastructure has evolved into the vital element that supports all voice and data communications globally. Even today's wireless networks are supported by a wide array of OSP cabling and infrastructure, therefore, creating the need for designers to create the best procedure to empower the means of communication amongst individuals and companies alike.
Take the steps to become a certified OSP Designer with BICSI's Outside Plant (OSP) Designer Credentialing Program. An exceptional way to learn the fine details of OSP within this agenda is by taking the OSP101 and OSP102 courses. Supplement your knowledge with the industry expert-written, Outside Plant Design Reference Manual (OSPDRM), 6th edition today!
Now Available! Healthcare Institutions and Facilities Design and Implementation Best Practices Standard
ANSI/BICSI 004-2018, Information Technology Systems Design and Implementation Best Practices for Healthcare Institutions and Facilities, which is the latest standard pertaining to intelligent ICT design within the healthcare industry, is now right at your fingertips. Learn more about meeting today's technological requirements for tomorrow's ever-evolving world through ANSI/BICSI's specifications here.
Updates to the standard include:
- Communication, ICT and wireless infrastructure
- Architectural aspects of healthcare facilities, including telemedicine and communication suites
- Emergency medical services radio, sound and acoustical systems, sound masking and digital signage and wayfinding
- Network design and security
- Other facets of smaller systems and spaces
Project management (PM) is a vital component of successful ICT projects—do you know best practices and recommended techniques? BICSI's telecommunications project management training gives you the tools and resources you need for optimal performance every time. The updated program includes:
- Telecommunications Project Management Manual (TPMM), 1st edition
- PM101: Introduction to Project Management (online course via BICSI CONNECT)
- PM102: Applied Telecommunications Project Management (instructor-led course)
- PM103: Advanced Tools for ICT Project Management (online course via BICSI CONNECT)
- Updated Registered Telecommunications Project Manager credential
Take a look at our new program and start learning more about telecom project management today!
A great way to supplement your education and increase your information and communications technology (ICT) industry knowledge is to become a BICSI member! As a member you'll have access to all of BICSI's products, services and members-only resources. With a student membership you'll also be eligible for:
- Job-seeking tools, including posting resumes and searching employment openings
- Members (and immediate family) eligible for the Ray Gendron BICSI Cares college scholarship
- Free BICSI region events
- Special student rates at all BICSI conferences
- Networking opportunities
- Free subscription to ICT Today
- Free download of BICSI's ICT Terminology Handbook
- Discounts on education
Reap the benefits of the ICT industry's premier association membership—apply today for a BICSI student membership!
Did you know that BICSI offers many of its products and services in Spanish? These include:
- Online courses through BICSI CONNECT, including the Programa de fundamentos de diseño de TIC.
- Several standards, including the DAS standard and the Data Centre Design standard.
- Customer service in Spanish.
See everything that is currently available in Spanish at bicsi.org/espanol!
Contribute to BICSI's bimonthly journal, ICT Today, with relevant articles from around the world! Please consider sharing your technical expertise and insight so that readers in every BICSI District and Region find useful content to help them learn and grow within their unique ICT community. Experienced ICT professionals are encouraged to submit vendor-neutral, timely and authoritative articles related to ICT design and installation practices and solutions. Send your article ideas to email@example.com.
BICSI Learning Academy offers several ways to earn continuing education credits (CECs) toward renewing your BICSI credential, including:
- BICSI CONNECT Online Training
- Corporate On-site Courses: ADTPs and ATFs
- BICSI Conferences
- Region Events
- Live Webinars
- Open Enrollment Courses at BICSI World Headquarters and worldwide!
Keeping your BICSI membership contact information up-to-date is critical to ensure you don't miss out on exclusive access to substantial discounts, industry information, volunteer opportunities and more. Log in to your BICSI Member Profile account to update your contact information and check to see if you're due to renew your membership. Not a BICSI member? Joining BICSI is easy—click here to see membership benefits and join today!
Every company has a vision and a plan to increase their marketing impact, client retention and employee engagement. BICSI's Corporate Connection Program can help you achieve these goals—with three membership levels it's easy to select the best fit
for you and your company's needs! Visit bicsi.org/connected for full membership details.
Did you know you can shop online and support BICSI Cares at the same time—at no additional cost? You can, through AmazonSmile! AmazonSmile is a website operated by Amazon that lets customers enjoy the same wide selection of products, low prices and convenient shopping features as on Amazon.com. The difference is that when customers shop on AmazonSmile, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the price of eligible purchases to the charitable organizations selected by customers. To donate to BICSI Cares while shopping on Amazon, log on to your Amazon account at smile.amazon.com, select BICSI Cares from the list of charities, and shop as you normally would on Amazon.com. Thank you for supporting BICSI Cares!