Share Your Industry Knowledge at the 2019 MEA Conference & Exhibition
The 2019 BICSI Middle East & Africa (MEA) Conference and Exhibition will be held 16-18 April 2019 in Dubai, UAE at the Dubai World Trade Center. The theme for the conference is "From AI to Zettabytes—A Connected Future!"
BICSI invites members and nonmembers to contribute to the future of the information and communications technology (ICT) industry by submitting proposals for presentations at the 2019 MEA Conference. Types of presentation proposals we are seeking include panel discussions, lectures, case studies and hands-on sessions focused on innovative approaches that attendees can use immediately in their daily activities within the ICT industry, plus more!
Become a BICSI Conference Presenter! Deadline to apply is 20 October 2018!
- Share your knowledge, ideas and practices with other ICT professionals.
- Gain valuable industry recognition.
- Provide MEA Conference attendees with information they can immediately put to use.
- Plus, you'll receive a complimentary 2019 MEA Conference registration!
Presentations should focus and center on the conference theme of "From AI to Zettabytes—A Connected Future!" and provide insight on present and future technologies and standards that are enabling ICT infrastructure systems to become more user-friendly, globally connected and forward-looking towards future technologies.
Presentation content should be vendor-neutral and focused on relevant, best practices that cover existing and emerging topics in the design, installation and maintenance of ICT systems. They should also tie into BICSI’s standards, products, services and credentials wherever possible.
Please use the online application to indicate your interest in presenting at this MEA Conference. The deadline for submitting the presentation proposal is 4 October 2018. If your presentation is selected in our initial review, you will be contacted to provide additional information and a copy of your presentation. The presentation may be submitted in English and/or your native language.
Topics of presentations we are in search of include, but are not limited to the following:
- 4-Pair Power over Ethernet
- Bonding and Grounding (Earthing)
- Building Automation Systems and Environmental Monitoring
- Building Information Modeling (BIM)
- Cable Containment Systems
- Category 8 Cabling
- Construction and Design Consideration Aspects of the ICT Industry (CDM)
- Data Centers- Control & Management- Auditing- Power and Cooling Issues- Green vs. Efficiency
- Disaster Recovery and Contingency Planning
- Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS)
- Electronic Safety and Security (ESS)
- Emerging Technologies and Standards being Developed- Future Trends in the Market- Cabling Technologies- Power and Cooling Alternatives
- End User Case Studies: What went into the design?
- Green Buildings Certification
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- Intelligent Building Applications
- Intelligent Cable Management Systems
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Outside Plant (OSP)
- Passive Optical Network
- Project Management
- Smart Building
- Smart Cities
- Testing/Troubleshooting Wireless Networks
- Wireless/Radio Developments
The audience for the conference will be comprised of:
- Registered Communications Distribution Designers (RCDDs)
- Registered Information Technology Professionals (RITPs)
- Registered Telecommunications Project Managers (RTPMs)
- Data Center Design Consultants (DCDCs)
- Electronic Safety and Security (ESS) Designers
- Network Transport Systems (NTS) Designers
- Outside Plant (OSP) Designers
- Wireless Designers (WD)
- Installers, Technicians, design consultants, contractors and educators
- Cabling and LAN product managers
- Construction supervisors and managers
- Corporate and governmental communications managers
- Electrical engineers
- Facility owners and managers
- Individuals interested in efficient and safe communications in buildings
- Interconnect company managers
- Project managers
- Regulatory commissioners and commission employees
- Sales/marketing professionals
These professionals are working for:
- Distributors of ICT equipment
- Education authorities
- Health care
- ICT installation companies
- ICT resellers and VARs
- Local and national government
- Manufacturers of ICT equipment
- Military branches
- Planning and building regulators
- Systems integrators
- Telecommunications companies
If your presentation is accepted, please follow these guidelines:
The PowerPoint presentation to be used at the conference must be delivered to BICSI by 28 March 2019. The PowerPoint presentation will be placed on the BICSI website.
Grant unrestricted permission to the Conference Committee to record, duplicate and distribute copies of the presentation.
The conference registration fee is waived if your presentation is accepted.
If you have any questions about submitting your proposal, please contact:
Amy Slowik, Global Events Supervisor
BICSI | 8610 Hidden River Parkway | Tampa, FL 33637-1000 USA
Tel: +1 813.769.1844 or 800.242.7405 (USA & Canada toll-free)
Fax: +1 813.971.4311