BICSI Virtual Programs Terms, Conditions, and Code of Conduct
BICSI Virtual Conference & Events Terms and Conditions
BICSI offers many opportunities to connect with other ICT professional through virtual conference & events, as well as to gain valuable insight and education. Please review the following Terms and Conditions for your participation in BICSI Virtual Conferences & Events.
You acknowledge that your use of technology during BICSI Virtual Conference and Events is not guaranteed. BICSI and its vendors will use their best efforts to communicate with attendees regarding camera use in devices and computers, mobile app capabilities in iOS and Android, audio settings and headset use, and stylus use in the virtual event platform.
In no event shall BICSI be be held liable for interruptions to Internet access, power access, video camera access, or audio capabilities, nor of any similar interruptions to the virtual event platform for the duration of the posted BICSI website.
Virtual Event attendees may not intentionally interrupt BICSI Virtual Conference & Events or use of any other online media that interfaces with BICSI Virtual Conference & Events which might include, but not be limited to, sexualized language or imagery, inappropriate dialog, insults, political statements, or other content or communication outside of the character and purpose of BICSI. See BICSI’s Virtual Program Code of Conduct below for complete details.
The dress code at BICSI Virtual Conference & Events is business casual. You are required to adhere to this dress code during all BICSI Virtual Conference & Events including, but not limited to, live video chat.
Violation of Terms and Conditions
You acknowledge that any violation of these Terms and Conditions may result in BICSI issuing you a verbal warning, removing you from BICSI Virtual Conference & Events without refund, restricting you from attending future BICSI events, and/or revoking your membership in BICSI.
BICSI Virtual Programs Code of Conduct
BICSI is committed to providing a safe, productive, and welcoming environment for all meeting participants and BICSI staff. All participants, including, but not limited to, attendees, speakers, volunteers, sponsors, exhibitors, BICSI staff members, service providers, and all others are expected to abide by this Virtual Programs Code of Conduct. This Policy applies to all BICSI meeting-related events, including those sponsored by organizations other than BICSI but held in conjunction with BICSI events, on public or private platforms.
BICSI has zero-tolerance for any form of discrimination or harassment, including but not limited to sexual harassment by participants or our staff at our meetings. If you experience harassment or hear of any incidents of unacceptable behavior, BICSI asks that you inform either Bernie Currie, SHRM-CP, PHR, Director of Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Betty Eckebrecht, CAE, Vice President of Administration & Chief Financial Officer, email@example.com so that we can take the appropriate action.
Unacceptable Behavior is defined as:
- Harassment, intimidation, or discrimination in any form.
- Verbal abuse of any attendee, speaker, volunteer, sponsor, exhibitor, BICSI staff member, service provider, or other meeting guest.
- Examples of verbal abuse include, but are not limited to, verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, race, religion, national origin, inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces or in presentations, or threatening or stalking any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, BICSI staff member, service provider, or other meeting guest.
- Disruption of presentations during sessions, in the exhibit hall, or at other events organized by BICSI throughout the virtual meeting. All participants must comply with the instructions of the moderator and any BICSI virtual event staff.
- Presentations, postings, and messages should not contain promotional materials, special offers, job offers, product announcements, or solicitation for services. BICSI reserves the right to remove such messages and potentially ban sources of those solicitations.
- Participants should not copy or take screen shots of Q&A or any chat room activity that takes place in the virtual space.
BICSI reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, including immediate removal from the meeting without warning or refund, in response to any incident of unacceptable behavior, and BICSI reserves the right to prohibit attendance at any future meeting, virtually or in person.