$5,000 Ray Gendron/BICSI Cares Scholarship
The BICSI Board of Directors have made scholarship funds available to the membership and their immediate families through the Ray Gendron/BICSI Cares College Scholarship. The BICSI Cares Board of Directors has been asked to administer this gracious gift. I know that I speak for all of us in extending our sincere thanks to BICSI.
The rules for awarding these funds are as follows:
- The candidate must be either a BICSI member in good standing for a minimum of two (2) years or a member of that individual's immediate family.
- The candidate's major must be in telecommunications/information and communications technology (ICT), or a related field.
- The scholarship will apply to an accredited school, chosen by the candidate, for tuition and associated expenses.
- Student must demonstrate a “C” or better average in their last year of completed education.
- A transcript of the previous year must accompany the application.
- A one-page, double-spaced essay must be submitted. The topic of the essay should be a discussion of the candidate's specific area(s) of interest in telecommunications/information technology systems or related fields, and how the candidate plans to use his or her education to further that interest and the industry as a whole. This essay should not include the applicant’s name or school.
- A successful applicant may reapply and be eligible in subsequent years.
- The BICSI Cares Board of Directors will determine the number of scholarships and amounts awarded for the scholarships.
We invite all eligible candidates to take advantage of this wonderful opportunity. Please complete and return the 2019 scholarship application and essay, along with your transcript by July 31, 2019.
If you have any questions, please contact BICSI.
Peter Levoy, RCDD
Chair, BICSI Cares Committee