Updated 18 March 2020
BICSI’s Statement Regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19)
We want to update you on the steps we are taking now in response to recent updates from the CDC and the Federal Government. In an effort to continue serving our customers while keeping staff safe, BICSI staff will begin working from home beginning 19 March until further notice. We are leveraging the technological tools and resources available to continue providing the level of service you deserve and have come to expect from our team.
We are doing our best to minimize any disruptions resulting from this change by giving you the ability to continue contacting us using the same direct phone numbers and email addresses in use before this change. The BICSI main phone lines will remain open and will continue to connect you with our staff, regardless of where staff are physically located.
Furthermore, we are transitioning to a virtual training capability to continue supporting those currently registered to attend our design and installation courses at the BICSI Learning Academy, and other open enrollment and onsite locations. We are also working with our testing provider as they observe precautions. Please visit Pearson VUE for the most up to date information about exam delivery. Meanwhile, BICSI online courses are an excellent option to get the training you need to prepare for your certification exam and the CECs you need to renew your certification.
We are tremendously thankful that our precautions seem to be effective as none of our staff have tested positive for COVID-19, and we will continue doing everything we can to keep it that way. We take these new measures out of an abundance of caution to protect our staff, their family members, and others around us.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us via email at email@example.com. We will continue to provide updates as changes in our services occur. Please continue to monitor the CDC’s COVID-19 website for all of the most recent updates, prevention techniques, treatments and FAQs at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html.
Thank you for your support and understanding during this very difficult time.
John H. Daniels, CNM, FACHE, FHIMSS
BICSI Executive Director & Chief Executive Officer
Currently, BICSI is maintaining business as usual practices, except for the following events:
- The 2020 BICSI Singapore Conference & Exhibition has been postponed until 1-2 December 2020.
- The 2020 BICSI Europe, Middle East and Africa Conference & Exhibition has been postponed until 6-8 September 2020.
- The 2020 BICSI India Mumbai Conference & Exhibition has been postponed until further notice.
- The 2020 BICSI UK & Ireland Conference & Exhibition has been postponed until further notice.
- The 2020 BICSI South Pacific Conference & Exhibition has been postponed until further notice.
- The 2020 BICSI CALA Colombia Conference & Exhibition had been postponed until 28-29 October.
- The Breakfast Club scheduled for 18 March in Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA, has been canceled.
- The ICT Forum—Powered by BICSI scheduled for 30 April in Tampa, Florida, USA, has been canceled.
- The ICT Forum—Powered by BICSI scheduled for 14 May in Stanford, California, USA, has been canceled.
BICSI will continue to monitor activities and make decisions as appropriate regarding the coronavirus and strongly encourages following CDC guidelines to mitigate the spread of disease. We will continue to keep you updated with any new information as it becomes available.
Update on Certification through Pearson VUE sites